Re: when emacs 22.1 release will ready?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: when emacs 22.1 release will ready?
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:21:02 +0200

"Alex Ott" <address@hidden> writes:

> Is any time boundaries for releasing of emacs 22.1?

No.

> Will some
> pre-release message released some time before release

Indeed, there have been many "real soon now" pre-release messages at
regular intervals for the last +3 years.

Compare this to Linus' announcement for the just released 2.6.21 kernel:

+ So it's been over two and a half months, and while it's certainly not the
+ longest release cycle ever, it still dragged out a bit longer than I'd
+ have hoped for and it should have. As usual, I'd like to thank Adrian (and
+ the people who jumped on the entries Adrian had) for keeping everybody on
+ their toes with the regression list - there's a few entries there still,
+ but it got to the point where we didn't even know if they were real
+ regressions, and delaying things further just wasn't going to help.

With a similar release procedure for Emacs, Emacs 22.1 had been
released in 2004, and 23.4 would be ready for release next month.