Re: when emacs 22.1 release will ready?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: when emacs 22.1 release will ready?
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:23:27 +0200

Leo wrote:

Long term release hurts every project. The huge success of the kernel
again shows the only thing to make RMS change is to do something better
than him like what XEmacs did in the past and what Ubuntu did to Debian.

Is not one of the things behind the Ubuntu success that it is financially backed up by someone with both resources and a kind interest in the project?

I do not know very much about Xemacs, but since I think that lack of resources is crucial here I think that things would have been much better without that split.