Re: find-tag and partial completion mode

From: A Soare
Subject: Re: find-tag and partial completion mode
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:57:43 +0200 (CEST)

> Message du 02/05/07 à 09h59
> De : "Glenn Morris" <address@hidden>
> A : address@hidden
> Copie à : "Emacs Dev [emacs-devel]" <address@hidden>
> Objet : Re: find-tag and partial completion mode
>
> A Soare wrote:
>
> > 1. Emacs -Q
> >
> > 2. M-x partial-completion-mode
> >
> > 3. M-. re-fr-st <M-TAB> Insert the path to your TAGS of emacs. <RET>
> >
> > No symbol found. However there is read-from-string.
>
> Press TAB, not M-TAB.

It does not matter what I press. Look at the output in the *messages* :

find-tag-tag: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
next-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item
/gnu/emacs/src/TAGS and /gnu/emacs/TAGS are the same file
Starting a new list of tags tables
Making tags completion table for /gnu/emacs/TAGS...
/gnu/emacs/src/TAGS and /gnu/emacs/TAGS are the same file [2 times]
visit-tags-table-buffer: File /gnu/lwlib/TAGS is not a valid tags table
Making tags completion table for /gnu/emacs/TAGS...
visit-tags-table-buffer: File /gnu/lwlib/TAGS is not a valid tags table

No symbol found.

I used and compiled the CVS sources from yesterday , 1st may.