Re: find-tag and partial completion mode -- Francisco, urgent!

From: A Soare
Subject: Re: find-tag and partial completion mode -- Francisco, urgent!
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:26:47 +0200 (CEST)

> Francisco, what do you think of this issue?
>

>     in TAGS there is a line
>
>     ../lwlib//TAGS,include
>
>     and from here the error was born.
>
> Please try changing that line to
>
>     ../lwlib/TAGS,include
>
> Does that make it work?

It does not.

I repeat.

I use a LINK to TAGS file from src/TAGS.

More precisely, look ls -al in ./emacs directory

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root      8 2007-04-18 05:56 TAGS -> src/TAGS
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     13 2007-04-18 05:56 TAGS-LISP -> src/TAGS-LISP

I do so:

M-. re-fr-st <TAB> insert here the path to TAGS file FROM EMACS DIRECTORY, NOT
FROM ./EMACS/SRC.

In this case it does not work.

If I complete the path to the TAGS file from ./emacs/src/TAGS , it works.

So the only problem is that etags does not work if we work to a sym-link to the
TAGS file. We must use the path to the original TAGS file. This is the but.
This is the same bug as that one reported by me here:

<<lwlib>>.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-04/msg01293.html