Re: table cell menu does not appear at the menubar

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: table cell menu does not appear at the menubar
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 17:18:34 -0700 (PDT)

Thu, 03 May 2007 19:56:14 -0400: Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     (easy-menu-define table-cell-menu-map table-cell-map "Table cell menu"
> table-cell-menu)
>
>     in lisp/textmodes/table.el used to put a table cell menu item on the
>     menubar and it appeared only when the point entered a table cell
>     area.  This is somehow not working anymore.  Does anyone have an idea
>     why?
>
> Can you try building Emacs sources from various dates, and determine
> which change broke this?

I am sorry but I cannot perform this test right now as I am overloaded
with daily work.  I am happy to investigate more when I can spare
time, hopefully soon.

Also the nature of this bug is a bit more elusive than I thought.  If
I kill current emacs and start it freshly the menu starts working
correctly.  It continue to work correctly but eventually stops
(entering the point into a table cell doesn't bring the table menu
item anymore).  I don't exactly know what "eventually" means
technically at this moment.

-Tak