Re: doc patch: "Saving Properties" merge into "Format Conversion"

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: doc patch: "Saving Properties" merge into "Format Conversion"
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 12:03:30 +1200

 >     Or, alternatively, you could make a release from EMACS_22_BASE and then
 >     install your changes there.  Just an idea.
 >
 > You mean, not install those changes at all until after the release?
 > That would work, but I want to get them off my plate now.

When I started contributing, emacs-devel was a vibrant mailing list, but it
no longer feels like one, and statistics seem to confirm this (*).

You don't say what changes you intend to install, but I can see no logic in
putting them there.  I can only guess that the purpose is to stall development
on the trunk.  Whatever your goals, I think some of us feel that we are just
being used to serve them.  You talk of community, but it's not the kind
with which I'm familiar.

(*) http://www.ohloh.net/projects/3547/factoids/121960

Factoid: "Decreasing year-over-year development activity"

Over the last twelve months, GNU Emacs has seen a substantial decline in
development activity. This could mean many things. This may be a warning sign
that interest in this project is waning, or it may indicate a maturing software
base that requires fewer fixes.