Re: doc patch: "Saving Properties" merge into "Format Conversion"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: doc patch: "Saving Properties" merge into "Format Conversion"
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 19:50:24 +0300

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 13:51:52 +0900
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> There are some people who apparently think hysterics, apocalyptic
> predictions, and sheer volume are the key to promoting their point of
> view.
>
> I also disagree with some of Richard's ideas (e.g. releasing 22.2 from
> the trunk, the microseconds/milliseconds/whatever patch), but I don't
> think screaming and moaning is going to solve a damn thing, particularly
> at a time when the right thing to do is move carefully and deliberately.
>
> Grow up people.  You can disagree without acting like a spoiled 2 year old.

I don't necessarily subscribe to every heated word that's been uttered
here lately, but I think your interpretation is mistaken.  People are
not hysterical nor spoiled-2-year-olds, they are desperate.  Desperate
people can act like this, I'm sure you will agree.

The way to avoid this is not to cause despair in the first place.