Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 13:57:11 -0400

    I gave it a go. It's all rather subjective, and it so enormous it's
    hard to make a dent. If someone wants to re-arrange it again, they
    should feel free.

Did you give this attention to the whole of NEWS, or just part?  If
you covered all the file, I expect that your work is good enough.
There is no one right answer.  Maybe someone else could make it a
little better, but that isn't crucial.

    Please, what now is your plan for making a release? April 23rd was the
    original date that everyone seemed to consider reasonable. That is now
    nearly two weeks ago.

After 5 years, waiting two weeks is not a big deal.  Please don't
make a mountain out of a molehill on the peak of a mountain.

The main thing that is delaying the release now is what to do
about python.el.  I am talking with a lawyer about it now.
I think we will be able to use it.

    Why not make a decision about python and tetris based on the currently
    available information, and make a release?

I found out that we need not do anything regarding tetris.