Re: CVS HEAD fails to build

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 09:58:25 -0400

> Yeah, that's why I said "CVS HEAD".  Not sure what to call that version. :)
> Oh, it calls itself 22.1.50.  Sorry, next time I'll be more clear.

Every branch has a HEAD.  The "nameless" branch in CVS (which can be
selected via "update -A" or sometimes with "update -r 1") is called the
"trunk".  There's been patches floating around to make `cvs' accept the
special tag TRUNK to refer to the trunk, but I don't know if these will ever
be included (just like the patches that add a special ".BASE" suffix to
select the base of a branch).

        Stefan