Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:06:27 -0400

    Whether you then feel offended or badgered by my concerns and the ways
    I have expressed them (I admit to have been exaggerating at times due
    to my growing frustration) is your choice.

I do not remember who said what, so I am not speaking about anyone in
particular, just about what was said overall.

Badgering is not a question of motive.  It means pressuring through
repeated harsh demands.  That is precisely what was being done here to
me.  Whatever the motive may have been, I don't want to be treated
that way.

If people want to raise an issue with me without pressuring me, then I
will discuss it rationally.  However, I won't accept the sheer numbers
of people who disagree with me as proof that I'm mistaken.

We have had a feature freeze for many months, but it is a small
fraction of the time that has gone by since the Emacs 21 release.  So
don't sweat it.  And please don't make a big deal about whether it
will take another week, or even another few weeks, to make the
release.  I will get it done as soon as practical.