Re: Using the trunk

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Using the trunk
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:14:33 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
I decided to drop the plan to make 22.1 from the trunk,
and make it from EMACS_22_BASE.  The change I put in the trunk only
is not important to put in EMACS_22_BASE.

You do mean 22.2 here right?

Otherwise, this is a plan which I wasn't aware of, and I'm sure many others weren't either. I do recall an idea to rebranch for 22.1 because of tag naming issues, but I think that died out after too much time passed without it being acted on, but since the branch was made, it was always the intention to release 22.1 from a branch AFAIK.

If there are bugfixes in the trunk that need to go into 22.2, then we need to either apply those to EMACS_22_BASE immediately after we release 22.1, or branch the branch and check them in now, so they can be merged after release. The first option is easier as long as we get on and release quickly (now that the legal problems are out of the way).