Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:14:20 +0200

On 5/10/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

However, I won't accept the sheer numbers
of people who disagree with me as proof that I'm mistaken.

On the issue of software release procedures, what would you take as
proof that the one we're using (or were using until yesterday, when
you "opened" the trunk) is failed? (Honest question, no sarcasm or
badgering.)

I ask because I fully agree with you that one person can be right
against a hundred, but OTOH software management is not exactly a new
field; there is a considerable know-how, both in this list and in the
software engineering world at large. If you're not accepting the
arguments of very knowledgeable people here on the list, I'm curious
about your reasons.

And please don't make a big deal about whether it
will take another week, or even another few weeks, to make the
release.

Agreed 100%. After five years of development, a week or a month is
irrelevant (at least, once the trunk is open and non-release-related
development can start again).

            Juanma