Re: Merging multitty

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Merging multitty
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 21:00:48 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> So yes, I am aware that multitty will likely destabilize the trunk and
> require work until the trunk is useful on all architectures again.

At least, merging unicode-2 doesn't make the trunk unuseful
for any architecture, so I think it must be the first.  It
may cause some problem, but it is just because that part is
not yet tested by any of unicode-2 users.  Once the problem
is reported, I think I can fix it quite soon.

Currently Miles is synchronizing unicode-2 to the trunk
periodically (great thanks for that effort).  If we merge
multitty to the trunk at first, and make the trunk unuseful
for some architecture, unicode-2 branch will also be
unuseful for that architecture after Miles synchronization,
which I do want to avoid.

Unicode branch has been there for more than 5 years, and we
should think that it is a kind of big bugfix for the current
weird/complicated character handling.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden