Re: A redisplay bug in 22.0.99?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: A redisplay bug in 22.0.99?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:12:47 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
cancel.pbm is shown as an empty box in the lower window, which is not
correctly redrawn (it has leftover pixels from the previous contents).

Does anyone else see this?

Not displaying pgm images correctly is caused by the following recent change:

2007-03-18  Chong Yidong  <address@hidden>

   * image.c (pbm_load): Signal error for invalid image size.

I'm not sure whether the garbaged display after an image error is w32 specific or not. Before release it is probably best to at least verify that we are not drawing from uninitialised memory in this case, as that could cause a crash.