Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token
Date: 12 May 2007 20:49:53 +0200
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 21:12:04 +0100

Hi, Guanpeng!

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 11:30:07PM +0800, Herbert Euler wrote:
> I found some additional strange behaviors.  First, the error in a
> buffer would only be signaled once.  If an error is already signaled,
> typing again does not cause another same error get signaled, but
> font-lock is broken after that.

Font locking is done in an after-change hook.  If a function in the
after-change-hook throws an error, Emacs deletes that function from the
hook, allowing Emacs to continue broken rather than hang up on continual
errors.  I think that is what is happening to you here.  You can check
this by examining after-change-functions before and after the error.

I think this explains all the anomalies you were seeing.

> Hope the above information helps.  Thanks.

I'm going to have to think a bit about the main bug you reported.
Hopefully, I'll get back to you tomorrow about it.  Sleep well!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany).