Re: Merging multitty

From: Karoly Lorentey
Subject: Re: Merging multitty
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 14:43:35 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:
> The savannah arch branch will contain all the information the original
> non-savannah branch, including commit logs (commit logs are essentially
> part of the tree in arch).  However these are not per-file logs (arch,
> as is typical for modern revision control systems, has no such thing),
> but rather per-changeset logs.
>
> These will _not_ be put into the CVS logs when the merge into CVS is
> done (that is exactly what Richard asked me not to do).
>
> However, it might make sense to put them into a file in the tree for
> non-arch users to peruse.  [There is a command which produces a
> ChangeLog-like single-file representation of the commit logs, so it's
> quite easy to do so.]

Yes.  I always assumed that at some point we will have to integrate my
logs into Emacs's ChangeLog files.

In Arch, the logs follow the RFC 822 message format.  FYI, this is how a
typical log entry looks like:  (There are ~366 of these in the branch.)

        Revision: emacs--multi-tty--0--patch-562
        Archive: address@hidden
        Creator: Karoly Lorentey <address@hidden>