Re: multi-tty branch created

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: multi-tty branch created
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:50:48 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, I've put the multi-tty sources into CVS and arch branches on
> savannah.
>
> The CVS branch tag is called "multi-tty".
>
> The arch branch is "address@hidden/emacs--multi-tty--0".

Good!  Of the people using not yet supported architectures, are there
some who would be willing to "pull a fast one", trying to pummel the
stuff until it compiles?  If it turns out that we can reach a state in
multitty which is _usable_ (not necessarily bugfree) for every party
involved at least in the use cases that worked previously, it might
actually work merging it into the trunk first or at least fast.

I don't know how others feel about it, but my personal feeling is that
_if_ we can have a basically regression-free multitty on all platforms
soon, it would help to speed the Emacs 23 development process.

Apart from the not yet supported platforms, people should of course
also try multitty on those platforms that are supposed to be
supported.

What is the current state of synchronization between trunk and
multi-tty?

Anyway, now looking for the required disk space...