Re: We can use python.el

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: We can use python.el
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:43:08 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
    Shouldn't PBM_MONO benefit from the same kind of check?
    Ie, move the check to just after init_color_table, before the if
    block.

Is there a bug in the case of PBM_MONO?  If so, I guess we should
fix it too.  But we could also leave it alone, to be conservative.

I think the same bug (a malformed pbm file causing Emacs to crash) that led to the original change could also affect monochrome images. Depending on the parsing code, it could also affect ASCII formatted pnm files, but the fix for that is not as obvious as checking the length before parsing.