Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token
Date: 14 May 2007 10:50:15 +0200
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 11:12:34 +0100

Hi, Guanpeng!

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 10:00:59AM +0800, Herbert Euler wrote:
> I looked at an older version of CC mode, the `c-after-change' function
> does not call `c-trim-found-types', and the `c-before-change' function
> does not exist.  The error does not happen in that version.  Both these
> changes lead to the invocation of `c-beginning-of-current-token' as a
> result.  So I suspect these changes are the direct source of the error.

As I said earlier, I think it more likely these changes in CC Mode have
triggered a bug rather than being buggy themselves.  (OK, anybody, feel
free to demolish my hubris ;-)  I haven't looked into it much, but it
seems likely that the syntax.c stuff for a Unicode branch will have been
enhanced to cope with the wierdnesses of that character set.

Could you please run edebug[*] on c-beginning-of-current-token, and check
that the arguments which are passed to skip-syntax-backwards are valid.
If they're not, it's CC Mode's problem.  If they are, let's wait and see
what Stefan says.

[*] If you're not familiar with Edebug, it's well described in the Elisp
manual.  Send me a private email if you want help to use it.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany).