Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:48:38 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

emacsclient -t started fine for me and it is fully functional, colors
appear as expected.
It looked to me like you were very close to start working on the
problem David noticed.

What makes you think so?

I do not at all know that code or the difficulties you tried to point out, but it looked to me like you were trying to get a grasp on the problem to solve it. Now I see Karoly has done what I beleive you wanted.

Now you have got into a difficult situation. It would at least
impress me if you two were able to revert that situation.

I reverted it.  But I don't find it impressive to leave obvious bugs
in the code in order to hide other bugs.

I hope that both you and Dan can feel ok again and perhaps try to understand why you misunderstood each other.

With that I do not want to blame anyone of you. When things get both complicated and stressing misunderstanding is a very likely outcome. One of the reasons is that communication is on different levels simultaneously, both the logical and emotional level.

The challenge is perhaps to see what is happening to oneself and then on what level to correct the communication. And maybe also that one may switch level when one gets stressed. Some people becomes more logical when stressed, other becomes more emotional. And for all of us I believe it is a bit harder to switch level when one is stressed.