Re: Worth doing fresh checkout of emacs 22 branch

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Re: Worth doing fresh checkout of emacs 22 branch
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:43:39 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Eric Lilja <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:34:10 +0200

Here's my build script for the emacs 22 branch btw:
#!/bin/bash
export CVS_RSH="ssh"
touch ~/.cvspass
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs co -r EMACS_22_BASE emacs
rm ~/.cvspass
cd emacs/nt/
./configure.bat --with-gcc --no-cygwin --no-debug
mingw32-make bootstrap --jobs=2 XMFLAGS="--jobs=2"
mingw32-make install

Is that correct if I want to build the latest sources of what is going to be Emacs 22?

Yes, except that I suggest to use "co -kb", in order to avoid EOL
mangling, especially in *.bat files that already have one CR after
each LF.

Ok, I already went ahead and used the script since I got too restless waiting for replies, hehe. :) Next time I perform a checkout I will make sure to add it, thanks for pointing this out!

As it feels now I will use CVS head after emacs 22 is released since I want some fixes that are not going to be added to the 22 branch at this time so close to the release and therefore it's good to have an optimal script for performing checkouts and building emacs.

- Eric