Re: file-coding-system-alist and shell endless loop problem

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: file-coding-system-alist and shell endless loop problem
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:23:32 +0800

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

   By the way, you wrote:

   > I find that `M-x shell' would end in some endless loop when
   > `file-coding-system-alist' has been set to something like

   Please do M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET, and the M-x shell.
   Does Emacs react on C-g when it seems to be in endless loop?

Yes.

   If so, what is shown in *Backtrace* buffer?

Nothing ! It doesn't even create a *Backtrace* buffer. Just display
"Quit" in the minibuffer. But *shell* buffer itself gets created
successfully at the same time.

        William