Re: Failure to build on OpenBSD macppc

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Failure to build on OpenBSD macppc
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:32:52 -0400

    Ok, I have narrowed down the problem to being a problem in GCC, not in
    Emacs.  Emacs compiled with "-g -O2" (the default) does not work,
    while -O1 does.  This also explains why -ggdb3 worked, I never passed
    a optimisation switch, so Emacs was compiled without optimisations.

Which GCC versions does this fail with?  Does it fail with the latest
GCC version?  If so, we had better track it down so as to make a good
GCC bug report.

For this Emacs release, we can deal with it with a note in
etc/PROBLEMS.  But that note should say whether upgrading GCC is a
solution.

So would someone please try installing the latest GCC release
and see?