Re: multi-tty branch created

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: multi-tty branch created
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:17:23 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
Actually, at the moment emacsclient does not compile which _is_ a regression.
And such regressions will
_certainly_ occur until we get this to compile on all platforms.

That was my fault. A variable was moved from main() to global scope in the multi-tty branch, which broke the Windows build for reasons I did not understand. But I could not find any real use of that variable outside main() so I tried moving it back. It turned out that the use of that global variable was hidden inside a macro in code that is conditionally compiled only when there are file system sockets (ie, not Windows) so I missed it.

I have now renamed it to avoid confusion with the many other local variables of the same name that shadow it, and fixed the original bug by moving its definition below the header file it depends on.