Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 05:59:07 -0400

    The client-local environment list is shared between frames that were
created in
    the same Emacsclient session.  The environment list is stored in a single
    frame's environment parameter; the other frames' environment is set to this
    frame.

That seems to privilege the first frame of a given client in a way
that seems arbitrary.  And what happens if that frame gets deleted?
Do you pick another one to be the canonical representative of that
client?  It seems a bit kludgy.

That doesn't necessarily mean I object.  This could be the best
method.  However, I would not describe this as a "client-local"
variable.  The variable bindings are still frame-local, even though
the environment is per-client.