Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:29:37 +1200

 > > Well it means changes to write_glyphs and rif->write_glyphs in a dozen or
 > > so places in dispnew.c, and a change to x_write_glyph in xdisp.c at least
 > > (and perhaps w32con_write_glyphs).  If you're comfortable with those
 > > changes and still think it's the right approach, I'll do that.
 >
 > It doesn't seem like it'd be a big problem as such.

The problem is that it takes me to code that I don't really understand.

 >                                                      But I do wonder why
 > this is necessary now, even though it hasn't been necessary until now for
 > all other places where we support mouse highlighting.  So a bit of
 > argumentation that explains why this situation is different seems in order.
 > It might also help understand the code, so I'd recommend to put it
 > in comments.

As Eli says, xdisp.c uses draw_glyphs which is actually much more complicated.
I only intend to comment the code that I add because that's all I really
understand, i.e., I can't make comments about the difference with draw_glyphs.