Re: address@hidden: (setq sgml-transformation 'upcase) has no effect]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: (setq sgml-transformation 'upcase) has no effect]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:16:31 -0400

>> That will only fix some cases, but not all.

> I have attached the fix for all cases.

I doubt that'll do them all: it ignores all the other calls to
skeleton-transformation-function that are in skeleton.el.

I.e. your approach is flawed.  If you want to do it right, you just need to
set skeleton-transformation-function not to the value of
sgml-transformation-function but to (lambda (&rest args) (apply
sgml-transformation-function args)).

I'm very much unconvinced that what this addresses is a "bug", tho.
It makes the code more complex with very little benefit, if any.

        Stefan