Re: adding new modes

From: Alexandre Julliard
Subject: Re: adding new modes
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:46:58 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> vc-git is not of release-quality (C-u C-x v = usually chokes while
> trying to propose a "previous version").  However, the Emacs 23
> release is not exactly around the door, and having it synched into
> Emacs-CVS might be nice.  At the current point of time, it is
> maintained in git's git repository.  Not all people with write access
> there will have a copyright assignment.  So one would have to check
> who actually wrote stuff in it.

I'm the main author of vc-git.el and git.el, and I'd be happy to sign
the needed paperwork if you want to use them. I think most of the
changes done by other people would be in the tiny change category, or
I can rewrite them if needed.

It's true that vc-git is not very good at the moment, it's a quick
hack I put together because people were requesting it but I don't
really use it myself, so I'd be happy for someone to take over
maintenance. git.el is in better shape, and much more useful IMHO.

--
Alexandre Julliard
address@hidden