Re: [multi-tty] xt-mouse.el does not work in emacsclient frames

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: [multi-tty] xt-mouse.el does not work in emacsclient frames
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:57:51 -0700

csant <address@hidden> writes:

  > >   > emacs -Q -nw
  > >   > M-x server-start RET
  > >   > M-x xterm-mouse-mode RET
  > >
  > > This will turn on xterm-mouse-mode for the "emacs -Q -nw" frame
  > >
  > >   > emacsclient -t
  > >
  > > it won't turn it on for this one.
  >
  > Not sure that's right:

It is. emacs needs to send an escape sequence to xterm so that xterm
can start sending mouse tracking events. Nothing is doing it for the
"emacsclient -t" frame. Please check the code.

 > the mouse will pass some events to the client -
  > they just get translated wrongly. Running M-x xterm-mouse-mode RET in
  > the  client *disables* xterm-mouse-mode, so I'd definetly say it is
  > running.

That's normal, you've turned it on (ie. the xterm-mouse-mode is set to
t) then you previously run M-x xterm-mouse-mode RET in the "emacs -Q
-nw" frame.

Since you have an interest in this, do you want to take a stab at
getting this working correctly for multi-tty?