Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:46:58 +0300

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 20:15:17 +1200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I appreciate your advice, without it I couldn't have got the patch to work.
> As
> it touches on core C code that I'm not very familiar with, I don't want to
> commit it without some formal approval (or at least consensus) as it might be
> disruptive to do so.  Maybe Richard is too busy to comment, buts that's why it
> would be a good idea to have a team of global maintainers.

IMHO, we don't need Richard's approval for this patch on the trunk.
The commit policy in Emacs has always been that there's no need for
anyone's approval, formally; people who have write access to CVS are
expected to use their best judgment to decide if or when a particular
change needs to be discussed or approval for it should be sought.  At
the worst, if one makes a mistake, she might be requested to revert
the change.

So I think it's okay for you to commit these changes.  Especially
since, in this case, the changes were discussed on the list for quite
some time, and if someone, including Richard, had comments about it,
they would undoubtedly voice them by now.