Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 18:05:01 -0400

    There is a lot of code around for Emacs for which we do not even
    _want_ copyright assignments and control since we have neither the
    manpower nor the willingness to cater for it.

We want copyright assignments for any packages that are important
(which includes the popular ones), and any code we might want to
install.

It is true that many Lisp programs are posted which are not quite as
interesting.  However, if we encourage people not to sign assignments
when we need them.