Re: vms for emacs [was: MacOS port functional too]

From: Chip Coldwell
Subject: Re: vms for emacs [was: MacOS port functional too]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:22:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> () Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> () Sun, 20 May 2007 21:38:01 +0100
>
>    Did we drop vms support for Emacs 22, or did someone come forward to
>    support it?
>
> there was no official support for Emacs 21, and that situation has not
> changed since then.  thus "drop" is not entirely correct although the
> result is the same from user point of view.
>
> personally, i'm currently talking w/ someone to set up a remote account
> where i can do some work on vms support.  things move slowly, though.

I'm currently maintaining the Xpdf port for VMS (OpenVMS/Alpha to be
precise):

http://frank.harvard.edu/~coldwell/vms/xpdf.html

I could have a crack at compiling Emacs-22.  It requires a lot of
infrastructure that isn't normally available on VMS, though (e.g. GNU
make, gcc, etc.).

Chip

--
Charles M. "Chip" Coldwell