Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:54:54 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> I was thinking of (let ((process-environment (cons FOO
>> process-environment)))
>
> Do we actually have code like this around?t.

Yes.

> It would appear somewhat strange in pre-multitty since it more or
> less assumes that process-environment can contain multiple mentions of
> environment variables with only the first taking effect

This usage style is explicitly supported by the C code which exports
process-enviroment -- it only exports the first occurance of any given
environment variable.

Indeed, given this support, it's a much more elegant and efficient idiom
for elisp than copy+setenv....

-Miles

--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.