Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:53:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> In any case, this problem is not going to delay the release, as I'll
> probably work on it today, and Handa-san already suggested what
> seems like the right solution.  I just didn't want the release to go
> out a few minutes before the change is committed, that's all.
>
> Anyway, I said "I'd like to ask"; if others think it's a bad idea to
> fix this now, so be it.

Well, the release could happen any year now, so fixes should go into
the trunk exclusively, leaving it to the release manager's discretion
whether he wants to take the plunge and risk to move the material into
the release branch.

Putting fixes in the trunk is nothing people should shy from now that
we have forked the release branch.  But for the release branch, it
does not matter whether "others think it's a bad idea" at this stage.
This clearly is Richard's call to make.

--
David Kastrup