be able to specify the binding hint shown in menu items

From: Drew Adams
Subject: be able to specify the binding hint shown in menu items
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:58:49 -0700

In some cases, I bind a menu-bar menu item to a command that is not, itself,
bound to a keyboard key sequence. However, I would like a particular key
sequence to appear in the menu next to the menu item.

I don't think there is currently a way to specify (i.e. hard-code) a
key-binding hint for a menu item. You can add text "     (C-x a)" to the
menu item itself, but there is then no way to right-align the binding hint.

Could this mini-feature be added after the release? The use case is having a
slightly different command bound to the menu item than what is to be
documented as the keyboard binding.