Re: Image-mode enhancements (post-release)

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Image-mode enhancements (post-release)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:44:56 +1000

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> One important enhancement I would like to get into Emacs 23 (and maybe
> Emacs 22.2 too) is image scrolling for image-mode.  Currently, images
> that are wider or taller than the Emacs window aren't handled very
> well; you can scroll up and down using next-line and previous-line,
> but not sideways (and, annoyingly, scrolling to the bottom of such
> images loops back to the top).

Tinkering with text bits after the image (see other message) I noticed
even freakier is when there's text after the image, and the image height
is greater than the window, if you try to C-n down it keeps getting
recentred back to the top (where I had hoped it would at least go to the
next text line).  You have to hold down C-n and hope your keyboard is
faster than the redisplay!  (Or go M-> of course.)