Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:01:43 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, I committed it to the branch.

Thank yo.

> On the trunk the change is not conditioned on w32.

For the trunk, how about trying the fix of my version
(i.e. the change to find-buffer-file-type-coding-system)?

By the way, for emacs-unicode-2, I have a plan of new
functions insert-region-contents and write-region-to-buffer
that do the similar thing as insert-file-contents and
write-region but gets/puts the contents from/to a region of
a specified buffer.  They encapsulte various weird tasks for
decoding and encoding, and can easility be used both by
tar-mode and arc-mode.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden