Re: image-mode showing text title/description/etc

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: image-mode showing text title/description/etc
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:28:32 +0200

This is my idea to have image-mode display text from an image.

The motivation is that showing an image title is clearly a good thing,
and then showing author, long description, and copyright info are all
pretty useful.  But I'm not inclined to go into great detail about image
characteristics, there's tools for doing that already, just stick to the
text bits.

Just in case you did not know this, image-dired.el has "tagging"
capabilities (think of them as categories or keywords if you want),
and one could imagine your hack showing these tags as well as the
other information you are talking about. image-dired.el has a lot of
functions for handling these tags, writing them, listing them etc.