Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:16:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:35:18 +0200
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
Cc: Emacs Devel <address@hidden>

Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
People who use CVS can be expected to acquire a minimum of knowledge
for that.
And how should they get that?
By reading the manual which is linked from the same page on Savannah!
I meant of course how they should know that EMACS_22_BASE exists.

What's wrong with "cvs log"?

Just that I have no idea where to find the information. I could of course read the manual, learn everything about CVS, but for the little thing I am asking about it I hoped for cooperation.

And that this is what will be released.

Why would they care, if they use the CVS code?  People who care about
what's going to be released should use the pretest tarballs.  If _you_
care about that, I urge you to produce the binaries from the pretest
tarballs, not from CVS branches.

I have thought about it, but my conclusion is that I should not. I might be wrong.

What I believe is that after the release there will be binaries for w32 avaliable from the ftp site where the tarballs are. Is not that correct? Why not make those now then? Or do you mean help is needed with that?