Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:15:32 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
> The idea was to have people testing Windows binaries built by the same
> process and on the same computer that will get used for the final
> release.  It would be embarrassing, for example, if we figured out
> after the final release of the binaries that _this_ machine had no or
> insecure image libraries.

The image libraries are irrelevant, as we won't be redistributing them
ourselves.

While I agree in principle with what you are saying, I have only just
started looking at changing the packaging scripts to take into account
the extra functionality we are putting into this release - the lisp
reference, leim as an integral part of Emacs rather than a separate
package, emacsclient, etc - so I cannot upload anything at the moment.