Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch (with proposed new file)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch (with proposed new file)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 01:01:58 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:

 > Problem is: where to place it so that the casual user can find it?
 > I believe there should be a standard way to do that in savannah, both for
 > CVS repositories and for Arch repositories (and for any other).

This isn't right (it's unclean and won't even be visible without
scrolling unless you have a *really* tall page in the browser, and
probably doesn't apply to Arch), but maybe it will give someone an
idea:

How about putting it in README.sticky-tags in the root directory of
the emacs module, where it will be sitting under the "Sticky Tag"
combo box in ViewVC:

    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/?root=emacs

Maybe that box could be relabelled "Branches and Sticky Tags", and
some way provided to associate comments with tags in ViewVC.