Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:22:26 -0400

    There's another way to address this 3rd party elisp problem: you could
    do outreach to the authors and ask them to contribute to Emacs.  ELL
    and the Emacs Wiki have a long list of potential contributors.

We do want to do this, especially now that we can start installing
extensions again.  But this is a big job.

Would people like to start choosing which extensions we would like to
install, and talking with their developers about (1) the appropriate
changes for installation and (2) the necessary legal papers?