Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch

From: Michael Schierl
Subject: Re: Checkout the sources for the release branch
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 19:55:10 +0200

On 24 May 2007 15:31:20 +0200, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Lennart: you must have CVS installed on your machine, somehow; it will
> contain a file cvs.texi (or similar), which you can compile into an info
> file and then read on Emacs.  There are MS-Windows versions of gunzip,
> tar and makeinfo floating around on the Internet.  Do this - it's well
> worth the bother.

You might as well look at http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/ where you can
download a PDF version of the book "Open Source Development with CVS" (and
a HTML version of an older edition of it).

In my opinion, it is more suited to give an overview how CVS works (and why
it works like that) than the info manual. On the other hand, the info
manual is usually better as a reference if you know exactly what you want
to archieve.

Michael