Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 06:12:19 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 19:21:06 -0400
>
> Is there a problem here that we need to fix for Emacs 22?

No.  Emacs 22 (i.e. the release branch) already has a fix for the
original problem.

> I cannot tell whether you are talking about a real problem,
> or just something that isn't elegant.

We were talking about how to fix this on the trunk.  The fix I checked
in on the trunk was a slightly less safe version of the one committed
to the branch.  Handa-san suggested a different, more general way to
fix this on the trunk, and we've been discussing his suggestion.