Re: Things I would like to be added after the release

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Things I would like to be added after the release
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:02:49 +0200

> It would be nice to get CEDET and ECB included, but that is a big job.
> People need to (1) study whether these packages are implemented in the
> best way to fit naturally into Emacs, then (2) change whatever
> neds changing to make that so, then (3) get legal papers from

Cedet is legally ready to be included in emacs acording to Eric
Ludlam. Some parts, such as the speedbar, already are.

If you enable all the Cedet features at the same time, some
emacs users will be confused, possibly even annoyed. So my strategy
would be to just include cedet in the emacs core, in which case it
does nothing, and then try it out piece by piece.

ECB might require more attention since its written with a lot of
defadvice. Again I would propose simply merging this package(after
Cedet) and take care of the defadvices one by one, to see if more
natural emacs facilities can be created.

--
Joakim Verona