Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 23:36:45 +0900

Frank Schmitt writes:

 > Perhaps one could build a system like fedoras mock

You're missing my point.  One can, but not until you know about all of
the requirements.  A couple of people tried for XEmacs, and got bogged
down in the details, so we don't have them.  That's one reason why
instead of computing dependencies we simply say "build in the tree".

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's probably more work than
it looks at first glance.