Re: Merging unicode

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Merging unicode
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:54:06 +0200

On 5/30/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

I disagree that "who shoulders the effort" varies though. The merge
needs collaboration between people familiar with the code in both
branches to figure out how to best solve any problems that come up.

That depends, I think, on whether branch A is merged to the trunk, and
then B is merged immediately, or A is merged to the trunk, B
synchronized one or more times with the trunk, and then merged some
time afterwards. You talk about the problems, and I'm thinking more of
the footwork of maintaining branches more or less synchronized, even
if the number of conflicts is low.

Whatever the case, I think we should merge the unicode branch ASAP.

            Juanma