Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:44:02 -0400

     > The developer says "dear build system, I think I in my package humba, I
     > only use package foo, bar and baz". The build system installs foo, bar
     > and baz in *a clean environment outside of the developers workspace*
     > (e.g. a fresh CVS checkout of Emacs), tries to build humba there and
     > reports success or failure.

    Oh, OK, that will work.  But that's equivalent to what XEmacs does.
    It tends toward centralization because it's most efficient if done in
    the context of a comprehensive list of packages, all available in a
    single repository.

We don't need to think about anything so complex.
If the list of dependencies are wrong, it is a bug and
the package maintainer fixes it.