Re: about ido-completing-read and completing-read

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: about ido-completing-read and completing-read
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:50:20 +0800

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

   On 5/31/07, William Xu <address@hidden> wrote:

   > I find myself is keeping modifying their source codes
   > to replace completing-read with ido-completing-read..

   You could try this:

   (defvar *completing-read-recursive* nil)

   (defadvice completing-read (around my-completing-read activate compile)
     (if *completing-read-recursive*
         ad-do-it
       (let ((*completing-read-recursive* t))
         (ido-completing-read prompt collection predicate require-match
   initial-input hist def))))

   to see whether it helps.

Hmm, this would break some things. For instance, describe-function will
fail now. Also, the `collection' parameter is different between
them, ido-completing-read only accepts lists.

--
William