Re: Post-22.1 development?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Post-22.1 development?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:24:48 +1200

Chong Yidong writes:
 > Now Emacs 22.1 is released (for those who don't read info-gnu-emacs,
 > see http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.announce/11 ), what is the
 > development plan for the trunk and the branch?

Looking at feedback on the Internet about Emacs 22, I think:

1) We should immediately make GTK the default build for both the trunk and the
   branch to bring it more in line with other desktop applications.

2) The branch of CVS Emacs, which supports antialiased fonts  (unicode-xft?
   XFT_JHD_BRANCH?) should also be merged into the trunk for the same
   reason.